Monday, February 8, 2016

Easy Sesame Burger Buns


I'm a sucker for homemade bread. I'd eat a whole loaf in one sitting if my ass wouldn't jiggle for a week. It's a love hate kind of relationship. 

Since New Years I've been trying to lose weight. I've designated Sunday as a cheat day. I'm not going to lie by Wednesday I'm irritable and unhappy. I've been struggling learning how to eat healthy and control my portions. I day dream about binging on whole pizzas all the time.

By the time Sunday came around I NEEDED a burger and of course bread, sweet, buttery bread! 


My favorite thing about these buns are that they go great with any type of sandwich or burger. I'm lazy as heck so easy meals during the week are a huge deal for me.

Lately I find my lunches and dinners consist of roasted vegetables and 4 ounces of chicken. Don't get me wrong I love vegetables. I'd rather eat them between a bun and greasy 1/4 pound of meat though!  

My mom has always told me it's all about moderation. So this week I'll be a good girl and eat my vegetables,  but on Sundays I'll say "screw it!" and divulge in another greasy mess of food.


Ingredients:


1. 2 1/4 tsp yeast + pinch of sugar

2. 1/4 cup warm water
3. 1 cup milk
4. 1/4 cup unsalted butter
5. 1/4 cup sugar
6. 2 tsp salt
7. 3.5-5 cups all purpose flour
8. Sesame Seeds
9. 1 egg for egg wash

Directons:


1. Proof your yeast with a pinch of sugar and 1/4 cup of warm water.

2. Heat milk, butter, salt and sugar until butter is melted. Let cool to room temperature.
3. Add proofed yeast and milk mixture slowly to flour, mixing until a dough ball forms.
5. Knead by hand, adding more flour if needed, for 10 minutes or until smooth.
6. Let rise for 90 minutes, then form 6 burger buns. Let them rise again for another 30 minutes.
7. Brush with egg wash for a shiny appearance and sprinkle sesame seeds on top of buns.
8. Preheat oven to 350 and bake buns for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments :

Post a Comment